Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yoko Story: the Truth of So Far From the Bamboo Grove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTjGI3uXPg&feature=player_embedded

I substitute my explanation with this video.

I've no hard feelings on Japan, but I believe it's true that Japan was quite cruel to Korea under their colonization. But it seems that Japanese people have no sense of apology to Korea. Japan has always been evading their responsibility and denied their wrongdoings on Korea in the past.

I've once read a book about German education, and the biggest surprise was that German students start from learning Hitler and Holocaust, their most shameful history. They learn by their heart German had made a huge mistake and that sort of thing should never happen again.

Japanese are never educated that way. Instead, they're intentionally educated to glorify their history---though it's pretty much the same with Koreans. They don't know what they should feel sorry for. I think it's a huge mistake itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment