Sunday, February 14, 2010

Commencement

Introduction to VANK

VANK stands for - ‘Voluntary Agency Network of Korea’, a civilian international exchange association in Korea. We work for the promotion of Korea's image all over the world by Internet. VANK was established in 1999 by volunteers, and now has over 12,000 members. Using email or internet we serve as cyber travel guides to overseas Koreans and foreigners so that they can understand Korean culture and language better, and at the same time we hope we build international friendships. VANK is a great chance for those who are interested in Korean language, arts, cultural education, history, geography, social studies, sciences to learn about our country, and we also welcome with open arms anyone just wanting to make Korean friends!


My Second Blog
I actually have my blog in NAVER(http://blog.naver.com/dependy), but I already have lots of other posts in my previous blog which didn't really match with newly posted ones, so I've decided to create my blog dedicated to Korean information. I've been working on VANK's cyber diplomat, as well as an ambasaddor since last year. These are the three main things I want to post:
  • Informations about Korean culture
  • Translated vergions of Korean literature in different languages
  • Materials that might help you study Korean (i.e. grammar, structures..)

If I've got a chance I'll try more diverse topics, like food, history, ect. I'll be pretty busy with my studies this year---as a senior in competitive Korea---but I'll try to post as much as possible and let you know many interesting aspects of my country.

Happy new year! (Today, it's the New Year's Day in Asia!)

No comments:

Post a Comment